Finishing Glazes are the perfect way to seal and antique your milk paint all in one step! Our Finishing Glazes are a low odor, low VOC free finish, water-based topcoat that provides a protective, washable, tinted, matte seal. Finishing Glazes are easy to apply and have quick cleanup as well. You can also paint over Finishing Glazes with any paint in the future if necessary.
WATER-BASED, PROTECTIVE, WASHABLE, TINTED, MATTE TOPCOAT
Colored Finishing Glazes by The Real Milk Paint Company all come as a cream in the jar. Mahogany Finishing Glaze, Mocha Finishing Glaze, and Espresso Finishing Glaze are low odor and low VOC finishes. Finishing Glaze is a water-based topcoat that has a minimal to non-existent matte appearance. You can apply this product with a rag, brush, damp sponge, or spatula. It is easy to apply thick or thin. You can also add more of any of the finishes years down the road if the finish wears away with use. Our preferred method is a cross-hatch application with a brush on the walls.
When applied over non-toxic paint or used to protect wood finishes, Finishing Glazes are versatile and strong. You can use Finishing Glazes on new or old surfaces. They are an excellent topcoat for Real Milk Paint on cabinets, walls, and trim, especially in kitchens and bathrooms. In high traffic areas, you’ll find that you can really use the extra protection to make wall paint or stained wood last a long time. These glazes will still slightly wet the pigment in the paint to make it a shade darker and can take 30 to 60 minutes to dry, depending on the thickness of the application. You can then paint directly over Finishing Glazes. These can be used between layers of Real Milk Paint as a barrier coat, to help make creating a distressed look easier. A Finishing Glaze surface will be washable after 24 hours.
- 32 oz. covers 100 to 140 sq. ft.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Low Odor
- Low VOC
- Easy to Apply
- Washable (after 24 hours)
- Soap and Water Clean up
“I found these top coats virtually fool-proof. It can be applied thick or thin. The best application method for ‘Dead Flat’ was cross-hatched with a brush. We did our entire kitchen upgrade to test this before launching. Very pleased with the result!”
Dwayne Siever, Real Milk Paint founder
TIPS FOR USE
- Helps to hide or enhance moldings, trims, and recessed areas on decorative surfaces. A one-coat application is easy to apply with a rag, short pile roller, brush, or damp cellulose sponge.
- All Finishing Glazes are ideal tinted finish after Real Milk Paint is dry. Real Milk Paint can also be painted directly over all Finishing Glazes with no ultra bond needed.
- Finishing Glazes do dry quickly so a damp applicator (we like a brush) can be helpful.
- You may also want to seal your milk paint with the Low Sheen or Dead Flat Finishing Creams first. This will stop the milk paint from drawing in too much color from the Finishing Glaze. Then use colored Finishing Glazes on top of the clear finish.
- All Finishing Glazes are great for walls, tabletops, cabinetry, and any other washable surface. The possibilities are endless!