The Real Milk Paint Co's Finishing Creams are low odor and low VOC, water-based topcoats that provide a protective, washable topcoat. Available in Gloss, Low Sheen, and Dead Flat. They will not change the color of the surface you are applying it to. Burnishing Paste can be painted over with any paint in the future including Real Milk Paint. Brush, rag, or sponge on surfaces. Quick clean up with soap and water. Dead Flat is not recommended over black color paints.
FINISHING CREAM: THE PERFECT MILK PAINT FINISH
PAINT FINISH PRODUCT INFORMATION
Finishing creams by The Real Milk Paint Company are easy to apply thick or thin. You can also add more years down the road if the old topcoat wears away from use, frequent washing or spot cleaning. Low sheen, dead flat, and gloss finish cream are water-based topcoats that have a non-existent to minimal semi-gloss appearance. Low Sheen will impart a slight luster to a surface, while Dead Flat is completely matte. It can be applied with a rag, soft cloth, brush, damp sponge, or spatula. Our preferred method is a cross-hatch application with a brush on the walls. This solution will dry on clear whereas Finishing Glazes will produce a tint.
A TOP QUALITY PAINT FINISHING CREAM THAT PROTECTS FURNITURE
Since this is versatile and strong, Finishing Cream can be applied over RMP's eco friendly milk painted surfaces or used to protect wood finishes by standing up to regular cleaning and scrubbing. Paint finish creams can be used on new or old surfaces, and they are an excellent second coat over milk paint colors on kitchen cabinets, tabletops, over window sills, walls, and trim, especially in kitchens and bathrooms. High-traffic areas such as these where burnishing or marring of the paint film can occur over time can really use the extra protection to make wall paint or stained wood last longer. These will still slightly wet the pigment in the paint to make it a shade darker and can take 30 to 60 minutes to fully dry, depending on the thickness of the application. Real Milk Paint can be painted directly over finishing cream. These can be used between layers of Real Milk Paint as a barrier coat, to help make creating a nice wood grain antique look. A surface sealed with this topcoat or finish glaze will be washable after 24 hours.
- 32 oz. covers 100 to 140 sq. ft.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Low Odor
- Low VOC
- Easy to Apply
- Washable (after 24 hours)
- Soap and Water Clean up
HOW TO USE FINISHING CREAM
- Helps to hide or enhance moldings, trims, and recessed areas on decorative surfaces. A one-coat application is easy to apply with a brush (foam or bristle), rag, short pile roller, or damp cellulose sponge.
- Finishing glazes are an ideal method to achieve a tinted look after Real Milk Paint is dry. Our milk paint can also be painted directly over all creams or glazes.
- Finishing creams do dry quickly so a damp applicator (we like a brush) can be helpful.
- If you choose to use a finishing glaze, you may also want to seal your milk paint with the low sheen or dead flat first. This will stop the milk paint from drawing in too much color from glazes. Then use colored glazes on top of the clear cream finish.
Working with an interior paint finish will determine the final look of your room. Order finishing cream from DwellSmart for DIY projects today!