Marmoleum L885 Adhesive
RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH: Marmoleum, Walton, Marmoleum Decibel, Marmoleum Composition Sheet (MCS), Corkment Underlayment, Marmoleum Dual Tile, and Marmoleum Composition Tile (MCT)Specifications:
Moisture resistant & mildew resistant; Antimicrobial
Not flammable; 100% Solvent free
Storage: Freeze-thaw stable: 5 cycles at 0o F.
Shelf life: 1 year in unopened container
Appearance and Odor: Light tan with little or no odor
VOC Emissions: 0 grams per liter (calculated per CA South Coast Rule 1168)
Spread Rate: Approximately 125 square feet per gallon
Available in one and four gallon units
Recommended Substrates: All grade levels of concrete, approved suspended wood floors and approved existing resilient floors.The substrate must be sound, smooth, clean, flat and permanently dry. For concrete substrates, the moisture vapor emission rate must not exceed 8.0 lbs. per 1,000 square feet in 24 hours as determined by testing conducted in accordance with the latest version of ASTM F 1869. The internal relative humidity must not exceed 85% as determined by testing conducted in accordance with the latest version of ASTM F 2170. The surface pH of concrete slabs must not exceed a pH of 10. Concrete substrates with pH readings less than 7.0 or above 10.0 will require remediation prior to installation. When moisture vapor emissions or concreteinternal relative humidity exceed these requirements, please request information on Forbo Moisture Limitor.
1. Areas to receive flooring should be clean, fully enclosed and weathertight. The permanent HVAC must be fully operational, controlled and set at a minimum of 68o F (20o C) for a minimum of seven days prior to, during, and seven days after the installation.
2. The substrate must be free all foreign materials including, but not limited to, dust, dirt, paint, grease, oils, solvents, old adhesive residue, sealers, curing and hardening compounds.
3. Always conduct adhesive mat bond tests before beginning the installation. Bond testing will aid in identifying both the working characteristics of the adhesive, such as the appropriate open and working time for the site conditions, and also any potential bonding problems to the substrate.
4. Trowel recommendation: 1/16 x 1/16 x 1/16 square notch trowel. Replace the trowel blade with each new pail of adhesive to ensure proper spread rate.
5. The open time and working time of adhesives will vary depending on site conditions such as ambient temperature and humidity, the porosity of the substrate and air circulation. A general indication of proper open time is when a light touch produces little transfer of adhesive to the finger, but a firm touch will flatten and smear the adhesive.
6. Install one sheet at a time. The adhesive should be allowed to develop body before placing the flooring material into the adhesive, but DO NOT ALLOW THE ADHESIVE TO DRY. The flooring material MUST always be placed into wet adhesive and rolled immediately. The flooring material must also remain in contact with the adhesive while the adhesive is drying and curing. In order to ensure continuous contact of the material and the adhesive, the natural roll curl at the end of each cut of Marmoleum should be relaxed, or massaged, both before and during the installation process, to remove the tension caused by being rolled. Adequate relaxing should enable the material to remain in contact with the adhesive but, if necessary, weight should be applied to ensure that the flooring material remains in full contact with the adhesive while the adhesive is drying. Proper sheet placement and rolling will appear as clearly defined transfer marks that can be seen on both the substrate and material backing.
7. Check for adhesive transfer frequently; there must be a wet transfer of adhesive to the material backing in order to achieve asecure bond.
8. Immediately roll the flooring in both directions using a 100 pound roller to ensure proper adhesive transfer. Additional rolling is suggested during adhesive setup to ensure that the material is flat and fully adhered.
9. Remove fresh adhesive with water. For dried adhesive use white spirits.
10. Keep the lid on the pail when not in use.
11. Do not allow heavy traffic or rolling loads for a minimum of 72 hours following the installation. Additional time may be necessary if the installation is over a non-porous substrate.
12. In order to allow the adhesive to dry and cure properly, wait a minimum of five days following the installation before conducting wet cleaning procedures or initial maintenance. Additional time may be necessary if the installation is over a non-porous substrate.For additional information, Forbo's Installation and Floor Care Guidelines are available for download at www.forboflooringna.com, or contact Forbo Technical Services at +800 842 7839.
Country of Manufacture:
Country of Manufacture:US