ECOS Stain Blocking Primer
Stain Blocking Primer is highly effective for concealing and blocking out stains on plaster walls and ceilings caused by a variety of contaminants. When appropriately applied, this primer will also increase a surface's durability. This product will not block oily/tarry stains, such as asphalt, or those from coal fires. Also not suitable for cast iron or for pet dwellings.
Stain Blocking Primer is highly effective for concealing and blocking out difficult and "difficult to get rid of" stains.
- Finish: Smooth, clean finish ready for paint topcoat
- Water-Based: Non-toxic, VOC-free formula provides long-lasting protection without the harsh chemicals or odors found in conventional paints
- Interior / Exterior: Interior & Exterior
- Recommended For: Blocking out stains on drywall and plaster walls & ceilings caused by a variety of contaminants. When appropriately applied to a surface, this primer will increase a surface's durability
- Choosing a Primer Color: White primer is recommended in most cases. Exceptions include: (1) when applying dark paint colors, where a grey primer is recommended; (2) "Poor hiding" paint colors (certain bright yellows, greens, reds and oranges), which require a tinted primer.
- You Need to Know: This product will not block oily/tarry stains, such as asphalt, or those from coal fires.
- Not Suitable For: aviaries, aquaria or reptiles. Not ideal for cast iron or steel - please ask for advice.
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft. per gallon | 100 sq. ft. per quart; 1 coat recommended
- Application: Apply with a synthetic brush or roller. Surfaces should be clean, dry, and free from dirt, dust or grease. Rise and dry thoroughly before painting. Stir gently before use. Generally only one coat is required. Sand lightly between coats. Avoid applying below 50 degrees F.