Citrus Solvent is not the same as Citrus Solve or Citri Solve or any of the host of other cleaning products on the market. It is, however, an excellent degreaser. Citrus Solvent is 98% pure citrus peel oil extracted from the peel of the orange fruit. The other 2% is water. This small amount of water is emulsified in the solvent and will not raise wood grain but is released into the air as the solvent evaporates. Citrus Solvent does not contain any emulsions, surfactants or any other additives. Citrus Solvent is "Water Clear" and not deep orange like lower grades. "Water Clear" means that it will not add more amber color when mixed with Pure Tung Oil. Citrus Solvent does not contribute to the depletion of the upper ozone but is gently returned to earth with the rain. It is continuously being released into the air in every orange grove.
Citrus Solvent is a biodegradable solvent occurring in nature as the main component of citrus peel oil. Citrus Solvent's interesting chemical properties, pleasant citrus aroma, & FDA-GRAS rating ("generally recognized as safe") have earned the product phenomenal acceptance in many diverse chemical applications. Citrus Solvent can be used in its pure form blended with most other solvents & drying oils.
Country of Manufacture:
Country of Manufacture:US
View the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product.
As a straight solvent, the citrus natural solvent can replace a wide variety of products, including mineral spirits, methyl ethyl ketone, acetone, toluene, glycol ethers, and of course fluorinated and chlorinated organic solvents. It may be used as a replacement for toxic chlorinated solvents, glycol ether, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone), xylene, Freon, and CFCs parts cleaner, engine degreaser (automotive, aircraft and aerospace industries), electronics cleaning, tar and asphalt remover, asbestos shingle remover, graffiti remover, grease trap maintainer, lift station and sewage treatment applications, hand cleaner, floor cleaner, printing press cleaner, carpet stain cleaner, metal cleaner, aerosol ingredient, fragrance additive, deodorant for petroleum industry, heat transfer medium, and possible candidate for a variety of medical applications.
In the past decade, the use of citrus solvent has expanded tremendously. Much of the product goes into making paint solids, used to impart an orange fragrance to products, and used as a secondary cooling fluid. But the largest growth segment has been the use of a citrus solvent in cleaning products. This has occurred in both industrial uses and household/institutional products. A citrus solvent can be used either as a straight solvent or as a water dilatable product.
As with most organic solvents, Citrus Solvent is not water-soluble, so it can be used in the typical water separation units. With a KB value of 67, the citrus solvent has solubility properties close to that of CFCs indicating that it is a much better solvent than a typical mineral spirit. The straight citrus solvent can be used as a wipe cleaner, in a dip bath, or spray systems as a direct substitute for most other organic solvents.