Soap Flakes - Bulk Size
All-natural Dri-Pak Soap Flakes are gentle, and biodegradable. These castile soap flakes are made from 100% vegetable base of palm and coconut oils. They contain no bleaches, phosphates, enzymes, or perfumes. You can safely combine Soap Flakes with other natural ingredients like baking soda, soda crystals, or borax for even more cleaning power.
General Laundering Instructions
- Always follow garment labels for washing instructions
- Make sure flakes are fully dissolved in water
- Test for color fastness and wash non-fast colors and whites separately
- Flame resistant finishes may be impaired by washing with Soap Flakes, refer to the garment label
In a bucket or tub, use about 1 gallon of warm to hot water adding enough Soap Flakes (approximately cup) to ensure a rich creamy lather. The hotter the water, the better the Soap Flakes dissolve. Let mixture cool to skin temperature or slightly above before starting to wash. Swish water around to mix. Work fabric in the soapy mixture and rinse well in clear water. Squeeze out, but do not wring out, the water from the fabric. After the initial squeeze out, wrap the fabric inside a dry bath towel and squeeze or pat dry to absorb more moisture. Ease back into shape and let dry flat, away from direct heat or bright light.
Automatic Washing Machines
Top loading machines
Add approximately cup of Soap Flakes to the warm or hot water as the machine fills. Agitate briefly. Be sure flakes have dissolved completely before adding laundry. Wash as usual.
Front loading machines
Use approximately 2 tablespoons of Soap Flakes. Use the machine's delicates program. Moderate water temperatures, work best. Do not use the spin dry function.
In hard water areas (i.e., high calcium levels in the water) a soap scum may form. To avoid this, add a water softening agent to the wash water.
Durable Water Resistant Fabrics
Wash according to garment label but do not use softened water. Artificially softened water may adversely affect the fabric. In hard water areas, either use a bit more soap, or hand wash using a mixture of Soap Flakes and distilled water.
General Usage Instructions
- Hotter water works best for dissolving Soap Flakes, creating suds, and cleaning. However, not all garments or fabrics or dyes can handle hot water. Always check the garment label for washing instructions and test to be sure.
- Adding more Soap Flakes or using less water, will create a thicker more soapy mixture. Similarly, using less Soap Flakes or more water, will create a thinner less soapy mixture. Go by feel: the soapy water should not be too hot to touch; if the mixture is slippery and sudsy, you are using the correct amount of Soap Flakes. Always rinse well.
- Soap Flakes can be premixed with hot water to make a liquid concentrate which can be added to cooler wash water. Concentrate may become gel like, however this does not impair performance.
- Softer water works better with Soap Flakes than does harder water. When using Soap Flakes in a hard water area, add a water softening product to the wash water, or use more Soap Flakes.
- For most uses other than laundry (e.g., mopping floors, washing animals, washing or cleaning most things), use approximately cup of Soap Flakes to a bucket of water. Warmer or hotter water dissolves the Soap Flakes best. Always rinse well.
- People with nut allergies may want to avoid using this product as coconut and palm oils form the soap base.
Soap Flakes are also great for lots of crafts projects. Weve included some recipes below.
- Soap Flakes Finger Paints: Mix 1 cups of corn starch with cold water to make a paste. Dissolve in 1 quart of boiling water. When cool, add 1 cups of Soap Flakes and food coloring. Store in a jar or any sealable container (great use for empty yogurt cups!) Discover your inner Matisse!
- Homemade Soaps: Mix 3 cups of Soap Flakes with 1 cup of water and (optional) a few drops of food coloring. Mix, adding water if necessary, until mixture has the consistency of dough. Put a few drops of vegetable oil on your hands and shape the soap mixture as desired, or press it into lightly oiled candy molds or ice trays. Let dry overnight. Enjoy bath time the next day!
- Bathtub Crayons: Mix 3 cups of Soap Flakes with cup of water and a teaspoon of food coloring. Mix, adding water if necessary, until mixture is like dough. Put a few drops of vegetable oil on your hands press the mixture into candy molds or ice trays. Let dry overnight. The resulting artwork showers off easily!
Each bulk-size bagcontains19.84 lbs (9 kg) of Soap Flakes.
Country of Manufacture:GB