DwellSmart offers a complete collection of hand-crafted window shades in several versatile operating styles and captivating patterns designed to bring out the best of any decorative style without the use of chemicals, dyes, or other harsh processing.
- Manufactured from the highest quality, rapidly renewable grasses, reeds, bamboo, hemp, or other cellulosic fibers in whole, part, trimmed, twisted, or braided to obtain truly unique patterns. Gathered in Central and South America as opposed to Southeast Asia, substantially reducing green house gas emissions associated with transportation.
- All patterns have an impressive degree of insulating and sun shading properties that may increase the energy performance of the window system. A hemp liner may add an average calculated “R” value of 4.5!
- Coloration is obtained from the materials natural state, sun bleaching, oven baking, or the use of an applied water base stain to ONE pattern Only (Red Sanctuary) assuring even, natural, and enduring beauty.
- Finishes, chemicals, lacquers, or other commonly used “clear coats” are NOT necessary thanks to our extreme care and attention to quality and inherent properties of the material insuring lasting durability
- Hardware is of the highest quality available; including operational, non-corroding metal pulleys (with high recycled content) as opposed to industry standard stationary plastic guides. This substantially increases the durability of operating cords.
- Window treatments are available in ten operating styles, including top-down/bottom-up and custom motorization by wireless remote control.
- Shades can be prepared to meet commercial fire codes with a water-based, low-toxicity fire retardant, making our shades the ideal “designer” option for commercial or contract applications.
- All custom shades come standard with excellent customer care, and a lifetime limited warranty
Because of the wide variety of options, please call or visit our store to find out more about ordering window treatments.