AFM SafeChoice Carpet Shampoo
SafeChoice Carpet Shampoo is an odorless, dye-free rug and carpet shampoo. It is both a strong cleaner and odor remover yet safe even for the chemically sensitive. It contains no harmful chemicals like ammonia, butyl ethers, alcohols, phosphates, caustics or acids. It is non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-flammable and biodegradable. It does not irritate hands or skin. SafeChoice Carpet Shampoo is designed to be used in conjunction with SafeChoice Carpet Seal (to seal carpet backing) and SafeChoice Lock Out (to seal carpet fibers and repel dirt and stains). This three-part system cleans out and seals in the harmful chemicals found throughout a typical carpet. SafeChoice Carpet Shampoo is also highly effective when used individually as a carpet shampoo.
Use On :
SafeChoice Carpet Shampoo is generally suitable for all synthetic carpets and rugs. Because of variations in materials and production processes used by different manufacturers, you should always spot test to insure compatibility with your carpet. Wool fibers generally do not react well to water-based products, so SafeChoice Carpet Shampoo is not recommended for wool.
- Odorless, non-offensive to user and occupant.
- Especially welcomed by professional cleaners and occupants of enclosed, centrally-ventilated buildings where occupants are subject to the effects of all toxic discharges within the building, including those from building and maintenance products.
- When used in conjunction with SafeChoice Carpet Seal and SafeChoice Lock Out, it provides a unique system for reducing the effects of carpet toxicity.
- Safely used by and for the chemically sensitive.
- Reduces indoor air pollution from soiled carpets.
Dilution Rate Per Gallon Of Water :
- Light cleaning - 3 fluid ounces.
- Medium cleaning - 5 fluid ounces.
- Heavy cleaning - 8 fluid ounces.
- One gallon of diluted solution will clean approximately 300 square feet.
Safe Choice Carpet Shampoo should be applied using a hand-held pump sprayer. One similar to a garden sprayer is most effective. Before application vacuum carpet thoroughly. Spray the carpet evenly, saturating the surface. Use the dilution recommended below. Allow the shampoo ten minutes to fully penetrate. Then extract the shampoo with very clean, very hot water. By extracting with only clean, hot water the carpet is not only cleaned more effectively but the removal of residue from prior cleanings is accomplished. While the foregoing procedure yields the best results, Safe Choice Carpet Shampoo may also if desired to be added to any shampooing or carpet cleaning machine.
Clean tools and equipment with clean water.
Not recommended for wool. Water cleaning of wool tends to shrink the fabric and, due to natural fiber absorption, can pull dirt back into the fibers. Always spot test carpet in an inconspicuous location for colorfastness and compatibility. When using carpet products it is advisable to put small squares of aluminum foil under the furniture legs until carpet is thoroughly dry.
Country of Manufacture:
Country of Manufacture:United States