UltraTouch Batt Insulation, R-30, 24" width
UltraTouch Batt Insulation - a bag containing 40.40 square feet.
Dimensions - 8" thick, 24.25" wide, 48" long.
UltraTouch Natural Cotton Fiber insulation is the successful combination of 35 years of insulation experience and a revolutionary patented manufacturing process that has created a superior and safe product.
UltraTouch is made from high-quality natural fibers. These fibers contain inherent qualities that provide for extremely effective sound absorption and maximum thermal performance. UltraTouch DOES NOT ITCH and is very easy to handle and work with.
UltraTouch contains no chemical irritants and requires no warning labels compared to other traditional products. There are no VOC concerns when using UltraTouch, as it is safe for you and the environment.
UltraTouch is also a Class-A Building Product and meets the highest ASTM testing standards for fire and smoke ratings, fungi resistance and corrosiveness.
UltraTouch contains 85% post-industrial recycled natural fibers making it an ideal choice for anyone looking to use high-quality sustainable building material.
By installing UltraTouch, you are making both your building and the environment a safer place to live, work, and enjoy.Features and Benefits:
- UltraTouch does not itch and is easy to handle.
- UltraTouch is manufactured in oversized widths to ensure a tight friction fit and fill capacity.
- UltraTouch provides maximum R-value performance.
- UltraTouch is a Class-A Building material that meets or exceeds ASTM testing for both commercial and residential batt insulation.
- The UltraTouch patented proprietary process treats each individual fiber with a boron-based fire retardant. This treatment not only acts as a superior fire retardant but also impedes the growth of fungus, mold, and resists pests.
- UltraTouch's patented manufacturing technology creates a three-dimensional infrastructure that traps, isolates and controls sound waves.
- UltraTouch offers an extremely high Noise Reduction Coefficient to effectively reduce airborne sound transmission including traffic, airplanes, radios, television, and conversation.
- UltraTouch contains no chemical irritants and requires no carcinogenic warning labels compared to other traditional insulation products.
- UltraTouch contains no harmful airborne particulates eliminating health concerns regarding particulates in the surrounding environment.
- UltraTouch contains an EPA registered fungal inhibitor to actively resist the growth of mold, fungi, and bacteria.
- UltraTouch recently passed the extremely stringent Environmental Specification 1350 Indoor Air Pollutant testing used for California Public Schools.
- UltraTouch consists almost entirely of natural denim and cotton fibers that are 100% recyclable, reducing landfill waste. Denim and cotton are also 100% post-industrial.
- UltraTouch requires a minimal amount of energy to manufacture aiding the environment with energy conservation and reduction in pollution compared to other types of traditional insulation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is UltraTouch made from recycled blue jeans?
UltraTouch is manufactured using post-industrial denim and cotton fibers that we source from denim manufacturing facilities. UltraTouch contains over 85% recycled denim and cotton fibers.
Absolutely not! UltraTouch does not itch, is easy to handle and requires no protective clothing to install.
Is UltraTouch Fire Resistant?
Yes, each natural fiber of UltraTouch is saturated with a natural fire retardant (borates) giving UltraTouch insulation a Class-A fire rating.
Can UltraTouch be installed in contact with recessed lighting?
Yes, UltraTouch can be installed in contact with recessed lighting but the lighting MUST be IC Rated. An air gap of six inches would need to be left for non-insulated lighting cans.
What happens when UltraTouch gets wet?
UltraTouch is manufactured to breathe or accept and release the moisture it receives in a timely manner. UltraTouch also contains active mold inhibitors as well.
Will mold and pests affect UltraTouch?
The fire retardant used in making UltraTouch also acts as an excellent pest, mold and mildew inhibitor.
Does UltraTouch contain formaldehyde?
No, UltraTouch does not contain any formaldehyde or harmful irritants.
Does UltraTouch have a vapor barrier?
No, UltraTouch is manufactured in batt form and is unfaced. If your local building code requires the use of a vapor barrier, we recommend a poly sheeting to be applied across the insulated surface.
What is the best way to cut UltraTouch?
We have found the simplest way to cut UltraTouch is to score it with a utility knife against a straight edge or use a beveled (toothless) saw blade in a small utility saw.
Is UltraTouch a "Green Building" material?
Yes. UltraTouch utilizes natural fibers, contains no formaldehyde or harmful irritants, and is safe for you and the environment.
PLEASE call us at (843) 805-7055 for a shipping quote. Because of the size of this product, shipping even one or two bags can be quite expensive. For larger orders, the shipping cost per bag is lower.
Country of Manufacture:US