Woolly Pocket - Mini Wally Planter
The sweet little Living Wall Planter that allows you to Garden Anywhere!
Mini Wally is Wally’s sidekick. Just like Wally, Mini Wally is an easy-to-install system that allows professionals and novices to create living walls an living paintings indoors, on walls, rails and chain-link fences. All hardware is included and hanging Mini Wally is as simple as hanging a painting on a wall. For florals, edibles, foliage and succulents, plants of all kinds find Wally to be very cozy.
Height = 8 inches
Width = 13 Inches
Soil Volume = 0.10 cubic feet
Comes in 3 colors:
Mini Wally Information
Let’s Hang Mini Wally in Five Easy Steps:
1. Hang Mini Wally in a place that gets the perfect amount of sunlight for the plants that you have chosen.
2. Mini Wally’s grommets are spaced 11” apart. Measure that distance on the Wall. Mark where the grommet holes will be.
3. Drill the holes.
4. Slide fasteners into the holes.
5. Screw Mini Wally into the fasteners.
We recommend a high-quality indoor potting soil for all indoor plantings. If planting edibles, try organic edible soil.
For outdoors, a high-quality outdoor potting soil will do the trick.
1. You may want to lay out a tarp, ‘cause this part can get a little messy.
2. With Mini Wally on the wall, fill Mini Wally almost all the way to the top with organic potting soil (be sure to get the corners,
and don’t use a sharp trowel to avoid puncturing Wally).
3. Select plants based on the amount of light and temperature of the chosen location. For indoor plantings, consider tropical
plants because they do well in lower light. For a beautiful lush planting, use three full sized 3” plants. Get creative! Need plant
recommendations? Click here!
4. Once you are ready to plant, remove your plants from their pots. Consider gently soaking your plant’s roots in water before planting.
5. Dig small holes in the soil and plant your plants. Make sure plant roots are in contact with the Tongue (remember, the plants
get their water from Mini Wally’s Tongue.)
6. Once your plant is securely embedded in the soil, feel free to top off. Voila!
Benefits and Certifications
Care and Maintenance
Smart Watering: Wally’s Tongue does all the work.
The Tongue is the felt flap inside the Pocket. The Tongue sits on top of the moisture barrier, absorbs the water and carries
it down to the roots of the plant. So when watering the plants, water Wally’s Tongue directly. Any excess water accumulates
in Wally’s reservoir or evaporates through Wally’s breathable sides-- this prevents overwatering and conserves water.
What Kind of Water, How Much & How Often?
We recommend watering Wally with filtered water, especially when watering indoors. The amount of water necessary for plants
to thrive varies, so check each plants’ watering requirements. On average we recommend watering Mini Wally approximately
one cup of water once each week (a long-spout watering can or a wine bottle works great as a water receptacles).
Wally likes to be watered slowly so that the Tongue can absorb all that moisture. Use these guidelines as a jumping off point
and assess how well the plants are doing, adjust watering accordingly. For larger applications, consider setting up a drip irrigation system.
What About the Floors & Walls? Will they get wet?
In a word, no! Wally has a military grade built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front.
This barrier creates a reservoir and ensures walls and floors don’t get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep
soil’s nutrition in your Pocket. The ‘no reservoir’ option, good for outdoor applications in rainy environments, has a recessed
moisture barrier that allows proper drainage when it rains.