UltraTouch Radiant Barrier, 4'x6'
(Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery)
UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier Thermal/Acoustic Insulation
is a versatile, high performing product that can be used in vehicles, boats, aircraft, and buildings. In addition to thermal insulation, this product provides fire, fungus, and corrosion resistance. It is free of formaldehyde and resins.
UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier´s natural fibers provide a non-itch padding that is easy to handle and install. The pure aluminum used in UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier provides exceptional protection from drafts, vapor, moisture, and radiant heat. Some applications include: Radiant Heat Barrier, Acoustic Sound Barrier, Airflow Barrier, and Thermal Heat Barrier. Features and Benefits
- Superior Acoustical Performance (better than foil/bubble pack products)
- Excellent Thermal Performance
- Reduces Heating and Cooling Costs
- Easy To Use and Install
- Class-A Fire Rating
- No Itch or Skin Irritation
- No Formaldehyde or Harmful Irritants
- Durable Natural Fiber Padding
- 99.5% Pure Aluminum Foil Facing
- Patented Manufacturing Process
- Versatile Product With Multiple Use
- No Protective Clothing Needed
Frequently Asked Questions:What is The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier made from?
- Water Heater Jacket - UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is effective when used as a water heater wrap. Simply wrap the water heater with the foil side facing out, cotton side facing the surface of the heater. Create flaps in the product for areas such as thermostat controls and access panels. For electric water heaters, cut a piece of the product to fit the size of the top of your water heater. Next, trim to accommodate any wires, pipes, or valves. Use a foil tape to secure the seam between the main insulating body and top panel.
- Radiant Flooring - UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier should be an essential part of your radiant floor heating system when applied to the underside of floor joists. Installing the product in this manner allows for a maximum airspace, increasing the R value performance while maintaining full reflectivity. Using staples or another fastening method, apply the product with the foil side facing the radiant heating system to the bottom of the joists at 4" spacing and be sure to enclose the entire cavity that houses the radiant heating system. Repeat the process for each cavity.
- Attic Applications - UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier provides a great solution to block the transfer of heat from your roofing materials to your interior living space. Anybody who has spent time in their attic in the summer can attest to the heat buildup that is possible. When installing the product, be sure to allow for proper ventilation as this is crucial to proper performance. Apply the UltraTouch Radiant Barrier to the underside of the rafters, applying the product in a perpendicular direction to the rafters. Be sure to staple every 3 to 4 inches and use a foil tape to reinforce any seams. Be sure to leave a minimum of a 3" gap on each side of the roof peak as well as a gap at the lower edge of the roof line. Do not block any vents and be sure to leave a 2" gap around them.
- Hot Water Radiator - Achieve maximum efficiency from your radiator by using it in conjunction with the UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier. This simple application provides a great gain in performance. Why direct the heat generated by your radiator into a wall surface where it will not help heat living areas? Simply cut and affix the appropriate sized piece of product to the wall space directly behind the radiator. Place the cotton pad against the wall with the reflective foil surface facing the radiator. Use any method you choose to attach the insulation, including tape, spray adhesive, or tacks.
- Automobiles, Trucks, and Vans - use for acoustical and thermal insulation under hoods and for headliners, firewalls, floorboards, sleeper compartments, refrigeration compartments, and for complete interiors.
- RVs & Motor Homes - use for thermal and acoustical insulation for engine covers, generator compartments, ceilings, firewalls, floorboards, walls, dog houses, and for complete interiors.
- Boats and Watercraft - use as thermal and/or acoustical insulation for engine covers, inside hull, generator compartments, pump housing, bulkheads, and overhead.
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is manufactured using post-industrial natural fibers that are combined with a foil facing to provide excellent acoustic and thermal properties.Is The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier fire resistant?
Yes, each fiber of The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is treated with a natural fire retardant and is "flash-dried" giving it a Class-1/Class A fire rating.Should I use single-side or dual-side foil?
The single-side foil is great for acoustic applications where sound can be absorbed into the natural fibers. The dual-sided foil provides an excellent radiant heat barrier to resist heat flow.What happens when The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier gets wet?
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is manufactured to "breathe" or release the moisture it receives in a timely manner.Will mold and pests affect The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
The fire retardant process used in making The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier also acts as an excellent pest and mildew inhibitor.Do I need protective clothing to install The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
Absolutely not! The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is easy to handle, does not cause itching and requires no protective clothing to install.How do I cut The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is easy to work with and can be cut with a sharp utility knife or industrial shears.How does The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier come packaged?
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is available in either a 4' x 6' sheet or in larger 4'x 75' rolls. The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier can be shipped via UPS to anywhere in the world.What are the R-Value and Acoustical Value of The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier has an installed R-Value of 4.1 and an NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient) of 0.45.How is the Sticky Stuff adhesive applied?
Spray an even coating on The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier and the surface that it is to be applied to. Wait a few seconds for the adhesive to become tacky and press The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier into place.Do I need tape once The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier is glued into place?
Yes, The Insul-Tape provides a moisture and vapor barrier as well as blending the facing together to provide a finished look.Where should I use The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier?
The UltraTouch Natural Cotton Radiant Barrier can be used anywhere there is a need for the reduction of heat and/or noise. Examples include engine compartments, floorboards, headliners, door panels, generator compartments, attics, and water heaters.Size
: 4' wide x 6' long x 3/8" thickUltraTouch Radiant Barrier Spec Sheet
Benefits and Certifications