Bulletin Board L910W Adhesive
Marmoleum Bulletin Board For use with these products. Marmoleum®, Walton, Marmoleum® Decibel, Marmoleum® Composition Sheet (MCS), Corkment Underlayment, Marmoleum® Dual Tile, and Marmoleum® Composition Tile (MCT)
• Acrylic Polymer
• Moisture resistant & mildew resistant; Antimicrobial
• Not flammable; 100% Solvent free
• Storage: Freeze-thaw stable: 5 cycles at 0o F.
• Shelf life: 1 year in unopened container
• Appearance and Odor: Light tan with little or no odor
• VOC Emissions: 0 grams per liter (calculated per CA South Coast Rule 1168)
• Spread Rate: Approximately 150 square feet per gallon
• Available in one and four gallon units
Recommended Substrates: All grade levels of concrete, approved suspended wood floors and approved existing resilient floors.
The substrate must be sound, smooth, clean, flat and permanently dry. For concrete substrates, the moisture vapor emission
rate must not exceed 8.0 lbs. per 1,000 square feet. in 24 hours as determined by testing conducted in accordance with ASTM
F 1869. The internal relative humidity must not exceed 85% as determined by testing conducted in accordance with ASTM
F 2170. The surface pH of concrete slabs must not exceed a pH of 11. When moisture vapor emissions or concrete internal
relative humidity exceed these requirements, please request information on Forbo Moisture Limitor.
1. Areas to receive flooring should be clean, fully enclosed and weathertight. The permanent HVAC must be fully operational,
controlled and set at a minimum of 68o F (20o C) for a minimum of seven days prior to, during, and seven days after the
2. The substrate must be free all foreign materials including, but not limited to, dust, dirt, paint, grease, oils, solvents, old
adhesive residue, sealers, curing and hardening compounds.
3. Always conduct adhesive mat bond tests before beginning the installation. Bond testing will aid in identifying both the
working characteristics of the adhesive (open time and working time) for the site conditions, and also any potential bonding
4. Trowel recommendation: 1/16” X 1/16” X 1/16” square notch trowel. Replace the trowel blade with each new pail of
adhesive to ensure proper spread rate.
5. MARMOLEUM® & LINOLEUM SHEET: Install one sheet at a time. For non-porous substrates a short open time may be
necessary in order to allow the adhesive to develop body before placing the flooring material into the adhesive, but DO NOT
ALLOW THE ADHESIVE TO DRY. For porous substrates, no open time is necessary before placing the flooring material
into the adhesive. The flooring material MUST always be placed into wet adhesive and rolled immediately. The flooring
material must also remain in contact with the adhesive while the adhesive is drying and curing. In order to ensure
continuous contact of the material and the adhesive, the natural “roll curl” at the end of each cut should be relaxed, or
massaged, both before and during the installation process, to remove the tension caused by being rolled. Adequate
relaxing should enable the material to remain in contact with the adhesive but, if necessary, weight should be applied to
ensure that the flooring material remains in full contact with the adhesive while the adhesive is drying.
MARMOLEUM® DUAL TILE & MCT: A short open time will be necessary. After spreading the adhesive, do not install the
flooring until the adhesive has begun to partially dry and develop body, but be sure to place the flooring into the adhesive
before the adhesive has dried to the point that the trowel ridges do not flatten out substantially when the flooring material is
rolled with a 100 pound roller. A general indication of proper open time is when a light touch produces little transfer of
adhesive to the finger, but a firm touch will flatten and “smear” the adhesive.
6. Check for adhesive transfer frequently; there must be a wet transfer of adhesive to the material backing in order to achieve
a secure bond.
NOTE: The open time and working time of adhesives will vary depending on site conditions such as ambient temperature
and humidity, the porosity of the substrate and air circulation.
7. Immediately roll the flooring in both directions using a 100 pound roller to ensure proper adhesive transfer.
8. Remove fresh adhesive with water. For dried adhesive use white spirits.
9. Keep the lid on the pail when not in use.
10. Do not allow heavy traffic or rolling loads for at least 72 hours following the installation. Additional time may be necessary if
the installation is over a non-porous substrate.
11. In order to allow the adhesive to dry and cure properly, wait at least five days following the installation before conducting wet
cleaning procedures or initial maintenance. Additional time may be necessary if the installation is over a non-porous
RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH:
• Marmoleum®, Walton, Marmoleum® Decibel, Marmoleum® Composition Sheet (MCS), Corkment Underlayment,
Marmoleum® Dual Tile, and Marmoleum® Composition Tile (MCT)
Benefits and Certifications