DwellSmart’s mission is to help protect and improve the health of individuals and the environment. All of our products meet one or more of our core criteria:
- Sustain - products made from rapidly renewable or abundant materials that avoid the use of finite resources; products made with low impact materials that are extracted or produced using organic, natural methods
- Protect - products that promote health, purify air and water in homes, or serve as non-toxic alternatives to conventional products
- Conserve - products that promote efficiency and lower the consumption of energy, water, or natural resources
- Reduce - products that reduce the consumption of resources by promoting reuse, minimizing the use of disposables, and/or using recycled materials
- Share - products made by manufacturers that abide by fair trade principles and show commitment to community service
At DwellSmart, we strive to minimize our environmental impact. We reuse many of the byproduct materials we receive with inbound shipments. Boxes and packing materials are used to gift wrap purchases or ship outbound web orders. After looking for possible ways to reuse items, we recycle all waste when possible. We compost any biodegradable waste. Employees often carpool or ride bicycles to work. Most store fixtures are either second-hand or made from reclaimed materials.
DwellSmart has recently moved to 146 Williman St., Suite 300. We have a small showroom for green building materials and organic mattresses, and are open by appointment. Please call us at 843-805-7055 to schedule a visit. We also have a booth within Southern Accents in Mount Pleasant (630 Coleman Boulevard). We are about 3/4 of the way down the center aisle on the left side. We have home decor, gift items, LED bulbs, and more.Our former site at 804 Meeting Street is closed, and the building is undergoing renovations.Directions to our new location:
From North Charleston: Take I-26 East, exit 219-B for Morrison Dr./E. Bay St., turn left on Morrison, turn right on Meeting. Go about half a mile and just past Habitat for Humanity (on right) and turn left on Isabella St. Take first left into our parking area (we are part of the Half Mile North complex). You'll see a white 'house' with green trim. Come around to the front, and we are on the first floor.
From Mt. Pleasant: Cross the Ravenel Bridge, take the second exit for Meeting Street, turn right, go just past the light at Romney St. and turn right on Isabella St. ake first left into our parking area (we are part of the Half Mile North complex). You'll see a white 'house' with green trim. Come around to the front, and we are on the first floor.
From W. Ashley: Take the crosstown to the Romney St. exit (just past the exit for the bridge to Mount Pleasant), turn right on Romney and left at the light on Meeting St., take your first right on Isabella St. then your first left into our parking area (we are part of the Half Mile North complex). You'll see a white 'house' with green trim. Come around to the front, and we are on the first floor.
We look forward to meeting you!
View Larger Map
Click on the following to see:
See all Brands